Monday, November 28, 2016

Cheers to Tryptophan!

Happy belated Thanksgiving!  I felt like a kid with a school vacation last week.  Cambridge had a half day last Wednesday and then I had the following four days off!!!

I don't think I've had that long a holiday break since I was in college, so I was very excited.  I was planning on spending the whole time at in CT with my parents, but even though it's scary, Black Friday in the city is one of my favorite things.

Also I have to admit, I really liked the idea of just being alone in the apartment with the kittens and cleaning while binge watching shows on Netflix.  I love wrapping gifts right away, too, so I get it out of the way.  Probably not what a kid on school vacation would have done, but ehh...



It's weird that as I grow older, my idea of fun shifts more and more to include the words "alone" and "napping."  I was talking to someone at Cambridge last week and told him that when I first moved to New York, I went out almost every night, and his response was, "Really?  You?" because all I talk about there are my cats, how much I love my duvet, and how what they are saying relates to something I just read (which is probably annoying because the majority of what I'm reading are books that they could never have heard of because they're manuscripts).

Anyways, cheers to tryptophan!  What did you do for the holiday?

2 comments:

  1. Natural life progression at work, Carrie! Our lives get so crowded with stuff to do that alone time becomes more important. Sounds like you had the weekend that you wanted. Hopefully, the reading material you reference that no one understands will be things they will get to read in the near future....

    We had a nice, quiet time with both girls home. Looking forward now to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for time off! We had 46 people on Thursday and a 75th birthday party for my mom on Saturday, and now I feel like writing a book about rude party guests. But that will have to take a back seat to my WIP. I'll send them to you this week!

    ReplyDelete