Monday, April 18, 2016

Vive La Revolution!

This week's post is a short one, but with fantastic news:  I am so, so happy to report that Meghan Masterson's LADY OF THE REVOLUTION is going to be finding its home with St. Martin's.  It is an awesome historical fiction about one of Marie Antoinette's undertirewomen during the French Revolution.  Vive la reine!



As I mentioned in previous posts, historical fiction can be a hard sell in today's market, and Meghan has been on submission for awhile, so I couldn't be more excited for her to have landed such a wonderful publisher for such a wonderful book!

I'm also gearing up to do another wave of submissions.  I had a lovely chat with Georgina's Australian editor and am looking forward to sending her out in the US, as well as sending out new rounds for my other clients.  

#DVpit is coming up soon, too!  If you're planning to participate and are wondering what kind of diverse/marginalized stories I'm looking for, read my profile for the contest on Daily Dahlia!

10 comments:

  1. aaahh I am SO THRILLED for Meghan!!! :) that is such amazing news!! Huge congrats! xoxo and keeping everything crossed the next sub group has amazing luck <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Congrats to you and Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhh that is so amazing, congratulations Meghan!!! The book sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! Awesome! Congrats Meghan! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! This is sad to hear about historical fiction though--it's pretty much my core of "for fun" books I like to dive into! Can't wait to get my copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Congrats, Meghan and Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I am so excited, and I think I probably exceeded my yearly quota of exclamation marks in all my emails to Carrie last week! (And it continues now, apparently).

    Good luck to the next round of subs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - just caught this now... Super news, Meghan - congrats!!! I guess you just can't keep a good Canuck down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous news! Congrats, Meghan and Carrie! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to both of you! Sounds like a book that I will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete