Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year's Goals

Now that we've rung in 2016, I looking forward to the year ahead and thinking about what I want to accomplish!  I've put together a list of what I want and here it is!

1. 12 deals
2. More foreign deals
3. Attract more readers to my blog
4. Spend more time with my husband and parents (although that may be tough given #1-3)


Also, to help with your New Year's goal, here is are the areas of my list that I am looking to build this year:

1. Narrative non-fiction
2. Romance
3. Women's fiction/commercial fiction
4. MG stories with great, high-concept hooks
5. Spooky YA with compelling relationships


And for my authors, we're going to be talking about your goals very soon.  It's time for annual strategy sessions, which are scheduled phone calls I do at the start of every year to catch up with my clients and discuss what they want to achieve and the steps we need to take.  I love doing them and am looking forward to lots more lists to come!

7 comments:

  1. Good goals! Looking forward to our chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #5! Good luck with all your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals. Hopefully I can help with #1...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should add a goal #5: join twitter:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cross off #5! https://twitter.com/literarycarrie

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great plan! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to help you with 1-3! Here's to a fun and successful 2016!

    ReplyDelete