Sunday, July 26, 2015

Romance Is in the Air...And Chips!

FUN!  That is the only way I can think of to describe RWA.  That, and probably INSANE.  The booklets were a huge hit at the conference, which was so rewarding, and it was great to get to catch up with editors and Prospect clients, and also meet lots of people.  There were so many events going on all throughout the week that I ended up making a whole new group of friends and getting introduced to some great romance authors.

The booklet cover.  Isn't is great? <3>

I went to the Harlequin Black and White Ball this year as Tracy Wolff's plus one, and wow.  Just wow.  It was at at the Starlight Roof in the Waldorf Astoria, and I think probably counts as the fanciest/most impressive party I've ever been to.  I took a video so you all could see the glamour and the celebratory energy of the night (romance authors can really bust a move!).



And this is probably somewhat less exciting, but I got my hands on one of the Lay's Flavor Finalist chips!!!  I am having a really hard time finding the flavor four-pack in the city, but I got to try to Greektown Gyro.  John described it as sour cream and onion without the onion, which is accurate.  It was not the flavor fireworks I was hoping for from my first Finalist bag, but crossing my fingers that I can buy the other three to try at some point.

It looks like I might be yelling, but I was supposed to be nomming on the chip bag. Nom, nom, nom.

3 comments:

  1. Sour cream and onion without the onion doesn't sound like any chip I'd want! Looks like RWA was a blast, glad you had a fun and productive time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the booklet cover! It's so eye-catching and cute. Congrats on it being a big hit and it's great you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Starlight Roof is the perfect place for romance and romance writers.

    ReplyDelete