Monday, July 20, 2015

Great Week!

This week has been wonderful, if not slightly more hectic than I bargained for.  I've been busy reading entries from The Writers Voice and from the diverse YA/NA contest I did on Love YA, and am so excited to say that I've already signed a new author!!  Her name is Alana Delacroix and I completely fell in love in love with her IRON HEART manuscript from The Voice.


This has nothing to do with Alana's manuscript, but since it's called IRON HEART and is a steampunk, I though this image was kind of perfect.

I also participated in Backspace's women's fiction and romance panel, where I critiqued the author's query letters in a giant phone conference.  All their queries were really interesting, so I think that means I'm going to have a lot more requested manuscripts in my future.

Speaking of contests/conference, a HUGE congrats to my lovely author Donna Scott, whose historical fiction, SHAME THE DEVIL, is came in first place in the 2014 Chaucer Awards in their 1600s category.  Sara Joiner got a great Kirkus review for AFTER THE ASHES, which made me very happy as well!

Oh, yeah, and I have dealllzzzz :)



Christina Matula-Hakli's adorable picture book, THE SHADOW IN THE MOON, is going to be finding its home with Charlesbridge (making this my first-ever picture book sale), and Taylor Zajonc's high-seas adventure, THE WRECKING CREW, is going to be published by Blank Slate.

This week is going to be taken up by RWA madness, so get ready for some crazy romance stories next week! :) 

P.S.  I somehow stumbled upon the Lay's website, and am now thinking about ordering a trial pack of the four finalists for their new flavor contest...so it may be that next week is crazy romance AND potato chip evaluation stories...

6 comments:

  1. What a week! Congratulations to you and Christina and Donna and Sara, and welcome to Alana!

    Okay, Southern Biscuits and Gravy flavored potato chips??? Some things should just not be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay and yay!!! Such a fabulous week and it looks like another exciting one this week! I cannot wait to see Christina's book in print and already have a long list of people I need to give it to. Have a blast with RWA! I remember your fun post about it last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carrie - this has been an amazing week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for all the deals! Congrats to everyone—Christina, Taylor, and you! Picture books are so awesome. I love the artwork for The Shadow in the Moon too! A Kirkus review is awesome for Sara, AFTER THE ASHES sounds so amazing. And a Chaucer Award? Wow!

    And congrats to

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to add my congratulations as well. I love to read about your success stories. I think I will join in on the potato chip fun. The Gyro chips sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete