Sunday, June 7, 2015

Neither Snow Nor Rain Nor Heat Nor Gloom of Night...Just the Month of June

Hello from Connecticut!  I am back at home for the start of this coming week to celebrate my mom's retirement (from over 40 years as a first grade teacher!!!), my uncle visiting for the first time in seven years, and my dad's birthday!

Lots of really fun things, which in a weird way, made me realize something for work: I am not going to be sending out new submissions to editors for the month of June.  


My authors freaking out.

I have soooo many authors right now whose projects are on submission that I haven't really had the chance to do anything about them once I send them out, and I really want to spend the rest of this month checking in with editors, organizing submission lists, and doing state of the union calls with authors I haven't touched base with in awhile so I can figure out where I am with everyone.

I also desperately need to follow up with the film agents who have been reading different projects for me, and get more aggressive with film in general (which I think just now became a goal for 2015).

I use this awesome website called noteboardapp.com to keep track of all my submissions and editor info.  It's basically an online cork board that you can separate into tabs so that each author has one, and then put sticky notes all over.  I love it, and I'm really looking forward to getting it all organized and up-to-date once I am back in the city!

For now though, I'm just enjoying this extra time with my family and reading my BEA books!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy retirement to your mom and happy birthday to your dad! It'll be nice to see your uncle and just hang out with family and books. It's scary to think that June will be over in a little over three weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! Sounds like it will be a wonderful visit with your family.

    Your caption on the photo made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your mom on her retirement and happy birthday to your day! Have fun with your family this week :)

    I've never heard of Noteboard but that sounds like a really cool app. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete