Monday, November 24, 2014

So. Busy. Ahhhh.

Well, you guessed it: I'm busy!  I've been requesting a lot of manuscripts lately and also have a ton of author reading that I am pressuring myself to complete before Thanksgiving...it's never going to happen, but a girl can dream.  The manuscripts I have on deck are all for authors who I owe/have promised fast responses to, so looks like I'm going to be burning the midnight oil for a bit.




My mantra for the next couple weeks.

In other news, we have changed our submission policy.  I feel kind of bad about not responding if I'm not interested, but it will also make my life easier, especially since now that John is here my free time has shrunk down to next to nothing.  To counteract that sad news, though, is something extra wonderful: we are adding a new agent to the agency!!! She is going to officially start in January, but we all met her for lunch this past week and she is really nice.  Looks like I will no longer be the newest Prospect agent...too bad we don't have some kind of newbie hazing tradition. ;)

I'm also excited that Dean's Chinese contract for MURDEROUS MINDS is done!  He will be the first one of my authors to have a foreign language edition of a book, which is pretty cool (getting commission for something I didn't have to work on is not so bad either). 

3 comments:

  1. Have a great Thanksgiving, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! yay for the newest Prospect agent! good luck with all your reading and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new agent at Prospect is exciting! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete