Monday, November 10, 2014

Literary Agent = Pro Juggler

So literary agent equals pro juggler because I've been feeling like I've been getting things done, but only by the tips of my fingers.  

I just realized that "the tips of my fingers" thing could be interpreted as I've only been typing this past week, but what I mean to say is that there is a maelstrom of things to do swirling around my head and I'm getting them done, but barely.  

And I blame John.

He moved in at the start of the month, and while it has been great, it has also been distracting.  I was able to have a pretty great work-life balance before because I pretty much only worked, aside from the odd special occasion here and there.  Now when I go home, I don't make ramen and edit, I cook something with John and watch a movie.  All lovely things, but it's driving my inner juggler crazy.  He keeps shouting at me, "You know I'm not a wizard!  It would be awesome if you could pitch in here."

Basically I am discovering the wise old adage that all couples know: moving in together can be tough.  I'm sure I'll soon have some kind of cleaning/organizational meltdown, but for now, I just need to get myself back on track and maybe create a "focus corner" of the house where I, well, can focus.

Wish me luck!




I'm 50/50, but this woman is clearly going to drop them all.

P.S. Query Critique results next week!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, couple-hood. I'm sure you'll stake out your boundaries in short order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many times have we told you--find yourself a nice, loves-to-clean-and-gives-you-tons-of-space wizard? :) You'll figure this out. Thanks for sharing. (I think a lot of us can relate.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tale as old as time...good thing there's a Starbucks near my apartment. I have a feeling that might turn into my de facto office.

      Delete
  3. oh boy. ha. I am SUCH a Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory) when it comes to my space and routines. Any time someone tries to speak to me when I'm writing I inwardly sob. Reminds me of Carrie from Sex and the City when Aiden moved in and decided to re-do her entire apartment when she was trying to write!

    ReplyDelete