Monday, October 13, 2014

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap

That is my brain tapping its foot.  It (and I) realized this past week that I am still a deal away from reaching my goal of six new deals this year.  Technically two, since I didn't really do that much for Dean's ABC-Clio book, and it feels like including that in my list is cheating.

There are a lot of projects out right that have the potential to be the final two of the year.  JB Turner's Deborah Jones series have serious interest from Thomas & Mercer, Jackie Cantor is a big fan of Rachel's KEEP SWEET, Andrea over at Vintage loved Meghan's FIRELOCK and requested to see a revised version, an editor at Harper really liked Jessica Arnold's PURE...

It would be the coolest thing in the history of my life if all these books got deals before the end of 2014.  As it stands, I'll settle for the two needed to meet my goal.  

Either way, I am excited about how my year is shaping up!  I couldn't pinpoint what exactly is different if my life depended on it, but so far, 2014 has been very different for me and in a very great way.  I feel like my authors have been turning out ever more fantastic projects, I've found wonderful new authors, I'm networking more, agenting more, making more deals, etc.

My colleague Teresa told me that in her agenting experience, all of sudden things just get good.  I guess (knock on wood) that is what is happening to me!

Guess I must have one!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting!
    You have been a dream-come-true, and I'm so happy you took a chance on me! Hopefully, Falling Too Deep will be added to your list of "solds" if not this year, then definitely next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say, "Don't worry, I got ya covered for those last two sales" but I'm neither that arrogant nor that fast! I'll do my best to help you reach your 2015 goals, though. Meanwhile, there's still time on this year, and it looks like a lot of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love hearing about your agenting success stories, and I'm so glad things are happening for you. I think you have an excellent chance of meeting, or even exceeding, your goal. There is still time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all those deals go through for you so you can reach your goal! It's great to hear 2014 has been good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can your fairy godmother also be my fairy godmother? And can I be one of those two deals? I'm so glad things are getting good for you!

    ReplyDelete