Monday, September 22, 2014

High on the Hog

It appears that I am living high on the hog right now.  Far from my usual week of reading (and I am sorry to all the authors who have been waiting for to get them their notes - this week, promise!), this past week was full of all kinds of fun, author-related things and there are more to come!

First of all, I got to meet Susan for the first time when she came to the East Coast to do several readings/signings.  I went to her event at 5C Cafe in Alphabet City, where she read an excerpt of her book and answered questions from the 20+ people who had come.  It was great to finally meet her in person and to be at one of my author's event, where I got to hear other people discuss the book and what they loved about it.  You can read more about Susan's tour on her website.

I  got to meet  Kara for the first time, too, and we had an awesome walk home from the reading together and an energetic chat the next day about her proposal, which is currently on submission.



Kara, Me, and Susan

Earlier that week, I also facilitated a conversation between the wonderful Jackie Cantor () and Rachel; they discussed revision ideas for Rachel's commercial women's fiction manuscript and were generally inspired/excited together.  I wasn't a part of the call, but I got filled in via email and phone, and the two of them had lots of positive, productive things to say about their chat.  I am looking forward to working on these edits with Rachel and resubmitting to Jackie soon.

I was at the office for most of the week, but in addition to Susan's reading, also got to have a very Big Deal Agent day in the city with Emily and her author Lia Riley, where we lunched with lots of editors, art designers, and publicity people at Grand Central Press who are involved in Lia's books, UPSIDE DOWN and SIDESWIPED.  

And next week, I get to have a super glamorous agent day.  Nicole is in town and I just received the final copies of her contract from Penguin, so we are going to go out to dinner and celebrate her signing together!

Now tell me you aren't jealous ;)

Oh, and P.S.: Brianna got bookmarks made to prepare for the release of FAMOUS PHONIES in October.  Don't they look great?


9 comments:

  1. What a week--here's to more like that!

    On the down side, am I the only one who can't see the images? They don't show up for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got so hyper reading this haha. Sounds so exciting! yay for agent-y things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Sounds like an awesome week and that the signing went really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was SO great seeing you on Wednesday! Thank you so much for being there. And I love how I know Brianna and Kara, who you also write about here. It's like I've arrived. Sadly, I can't see the images either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad things are going so well! Looking forward to dinner XO Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't see them either, but I just figured it was me. It all looks great though! Glad you enjoyed New York, Susan! You do sound very glamorous, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete