Monday, September 1, 2014

Good Stuff

I had such a great, productive week this past week!  I felt like I got a lot of reading/edits done and I also had a good call with two of my authors about their projects and our plan of attack for moving forward.

And I'm excited to announce that I signed a new client!  Her name is Kim Graff and her YA novel, LIV ON FIRE, is a fantastic, suspenseful, contemporary book with a snarky, damaged heroine you can't help but root for.  She was one of the contestants in The Voice competition that I participated in awhile back, so yay for blog contests and Love YA.

I got to spend some quality time with the folks and John this weekend, too, which was really nice.  All in all, a pretty perfect week.

Now that everyone is back to work, I'm going to be following up on projects I have out on submission and see if I can get some more books sold!  I'm really hopeful about the books Beth Ellyn Summer, Rachel Mork, and Jessica Arnold have out on submission right now - they all have editors who expressed a lot of interest in them, so I'm holding my breath waiting to see if they will be my Indian Summer deals!  

Writing the words "Indian Summer," made me realize that fall is right around the corner...my favorite season!!  I think I'm going to start indulging in things like cider, kettle corn, and butternut squash soup to psych myself up!

2 comments:

  1. Cheers for new clients--welcome aboard, Kim! Fingers crossed for more sales. Sounds like you've got a busy season ahead of you, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Sounds like you had a fantastic week and an exciting autumn coming up! I can't wait to hear more great news

    ReplyDelete