Monday, September 29, 2014

Feeling Glam

Had another fantastic agenting week!  I went with Emily and her NYT bestselling author, Tracy Deebs, to Random House to deliver cupcakes and made a new editor friend!  Her name is Sarah Murphy and, like me, she loves OUTLANDER.  I didn't realize RH published the book, but she gave me the first in the series and we are going to go out for drinks to discuss projects she is interested in.  Yay!

I also took Nicole out to Koi in the city, where we celebrated with her signing her Penguin contract!  I'm was glad that she was in town for us to be able to something special like that and that her contracts were miraculously ready while she was here.  It was lots of fun - there was a couple next to us and when we were talking about GIRLS WHO TRAVEL and Penguin, they sneakily checked us out and made me feel very big shot-y :)


Nicole signing her contract!

I will be following up with submissions this week, hopefully working on the agency website, and getting psyched for Brianna's publication day for FAMOUS PHONIES!!  Better pre-order if you haven't already!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my! What a fabulous week! You are a big shot and I love that the neighboring couple could tell. I bet they told their friends that they were privy to a big book deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great week--congrats all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Sushi in the city! I want to have a dinner like that with you, toooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that we can celebrate for HOME BASE soon! I think sushi in Japan would be more fun though!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! What amazing news :). Also, the blog is looking very nice these days! Great work.

    ReplyDelete