Monday, April 21, 2014

Surprise

I was all set with the topic for my post this week, and then something crazy happened.  I got an email from Tiffany Luckey at Writers Digest telling me that this blog won a spot on their 2014 list of 101 Best Websites for Writers.

I'm a little (a lot) bowled over.  I seriously thought her email was spam for five minutes and refused to click the link on it.  And then my fear of viruses was outweighed by shock and excitement.  

Tiffany sent me this shiny little badge to upload on my blog, 
but I honestly can't figure out how to do that.  Does anyone want to shed some light?

I kind of assumed that my authors were my main readers (not even my parents or John read my blog...although they might now!), but I'm glad that Writers Digest thinks that what I post is valuable for writers in general.  

Displaying photo.JPG

P.S.  After doing some Google searching, I found out that you have to be nominated for this award.  Who nominated me?  Thanks, secret friends!

10 comments:

  1. I think it is a well-deserved award! Congratulations! I'm not sure who the nomination came from, but whichever secret friend put it in definitely chose the right site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'd also think it was spam for a while, but I always get over that eventually and click on the link. In my case, t's usually spam.
    P.s. I can't get my mom or husband to read my blog either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great surprise and validation! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I am so glad to hear it. Maybe the person who nominated you was someone who has done a review on Writer's Digest...

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool!!! the first blog I ever read from you was about Essie nailpolish. I knew then and there this was a special agent blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Carrie! This is great news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, congratulations! 2014 just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete