Monday, April 8, 2013

Patience Is a Virtue

So as you may remember, I have been dangling in limbo, waiting to hear back from two different editors about two different projects. I'm still waiting...kind of.

One editor would like to see certain changes made to the manuscript before she takes the book on, and very kindly has written a detailed outline of revisions and also had a phone chat with my author, Gabrielle, last week to discuss her suggestions.  I am very excited that the editor was willing to share her time and thoughts with us, and am hopeful that we will be able to enact her desired changes in this new version!

The editor for the other project (a children's series by my client Brianna) is still very enthused about it, but her imprint is only just beginning to build its children's non-fiction line, so we are waiting to see if the project will fit within its focus.  In the meantime, I am following up with other editors who are still considering the project to see if there is any interest with any of them.  Fingers crossed!

Also beginning to work on revisions for a second round of submission with two of my other authors, Esther and Sara!  They each have editors that have asked to see their manuscript again once they have revised, so I'm hoping that by looking at the editorial feedback for each project and brainstorming on how to go about revising, all of these projects will develop beneficially and attract an editor's eye.  

Lots of Round Twos, here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post about patience. It's essential and certainly got me through my submission process. I'm crossing my fingers for these authors!

    ReplyDelete