Monday, March 4, 2013

So I'm Kind Of a Psychopath

I saw on Twitter that my client, Dean Haycock, completed a psychopathic trait test online and got a low score.  I decided to go the website and check it out.  I answered all the questions and I got a 130 out of 224!!!  That is "somewhat high."

That's creepy.


I don't know if I agree with all of my category scores.  For instance, I don't think I have high emotional detachment (you guys know I talk about John, my friends, and my parents all the time) and I don't feel that alienated from people.  I think I got a high score on emotional detachment because there was a question that asked if I would feel bad if I saw a homeless person wandering around at night and I said no.  But to be fair, if we went by that question alone, I think that would make everyone in New York an emotionally detached psychopath.

My saving grace is that I made my friend Mari, a pastry sous chef at the restaurant, take the test too -  she also got a somewhat high score and she is one of the least psychopathic people I know.  She always gives me chocolate and cupcakes, which doesn't seem like something that Christian Bale would do in American Psycho.

Anyways, I am going to over-share and show you what my breakdown is:



Practical and Self-Protective Attitudes: High (17/28)

High scorers tend to be on the self-centered side, and adopt a practical attitude toward other people. For example, they may think it's acceptable to take advantage of others or cut corners if it's in their best interests. Low scorers don't share these views, and are reluctant to look out for themselves when doing so might hurt other people.

Social Persuasiveness: Somewhat High (21/28)

High scorers tend to like being in the spotlight. They enjoy persuading others and are good at it; they often make effective leaders. Low scorers don't display many of these behaviors, and are rarely the "life of the party."

Physical Fearlessness: Average (15/28)

High scorers tend to be daring and adventurous. They aren't afraid of physical danger and might even take needless risks as a consequence. Low scorers tend to avoid risks and are frightened of most physically dangerous activities.

Emotional Detachment: High (18/28)

High scorers say that they don't have powerful emotional needs. Although they may enjoy the company of others, they rarely feel close to them. They are the kinds of people who do not fall deeply in love. Low scorers tend to form close and lasting emotional attachments to friends and romantic partners.

Rebelliousness: Somewhat High (12/28)

High scores are nontraditional and question authority frequently. They may be defiant and oppositional to people who give them orders. Low scorers tend to respect and obey authority figures, including parents, teachers, and bosses.

Feelings of Alienation: High (17/28)

High scorers often feel that others don't understand them; they also tend to believe that most of their life's problems are other people's fault. They may feel as though life has handed them an unfair deal. Low scorers tend to blame themselves for most of their difficulties.

Carefree Spontaneity: Average (11/28)

High scorers often act on impulse, sometimes to the point of getting themselves in trouble. They describe themselves as carefree and fun-loving, and as not thinking much about the long-term future. Low scorers are reluctant to act on impulse, and usually think long and hard before making big decisions.

Calmness Under Pressure: Somewhat High (19/28)

High scorers don't get stressed out easily. Even under intense pressure, they can usually remain cool, calm, and collected. Low scorers worry a lot and may become upset and frustrated under pressure.

So I guess don't get me angry?  Or maybe do and I will get Mari to stab you with a chocolate knife. 

PS Hey, future, thanks for coming through!  I can't say anything just yet, but more details to come!  


Also, new thing that I'm doing: click on my Google + profile (the About Me link) to the right to read my +1 post!

No comments:

Post a Comment