Monday, February 25, 2013

It's All About the Future

I got ridiculously happy this past week when Emily sent an email to all of us asking which days we wanted to go to BEA.  BEA is going to be from May 30 - June 1, so realistically, it's waaay too early for me to be this revved up about it, but I am!

Soooo buzzed about it!

In the meantime, I am STILL waiting to hear back from those two editors about my authors' projects!  They both are fabulous editors and I would love for my authors to get the chance to work with them, but I feel like gunning for two sales at once might be shooting too high.  Then again, these are great books, so why shouldn't it happen?  MAKE IT HAPPEN, EDITORS!  Please?

As a distraction, one of my best friends and I used Groupon to buy mani-pedis at Fifth Avenue Beauty for $15.00!  This is the first time I've ever used Groupon and I think I'm addicted now.  I'm going to use it for discounts for everything.

So, dear future: while my nails are drying and I'm trolling for deals, you better have something awesome in store to spring on me soon :) 


PS Dean's on-signing check finally came in the mail at the end of last week.  That means I will have my first ever agenting commission check soon!!!! 

PPS Has anyone else heard of micro lofts before?  I found an article about one on the Upper West side and then went to this website to look at more pictures.  Holy crap, I never thought I would daydream about living in 425 square feet.


Manhattan MicroLoft-01-1 Kind Design

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    Interesting, those micro-lofts. I imagine you really have to scale back to fit into one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Carrie!

    The micro-loft is adorable. I'm pretty sure if I lived in one, there would be stacks of books everywhere though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your commission check! Yay!

    I love this micro-loft and have never heard of them before. I lived in a 420 sq ft, 2 bedroom apartment in Hong Kong, sometimes with four people when friends or family came to visit. So this loft idea is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete