Monday, February 4, 2013

Girly Girls Fan Club

When I had my lunch meeting with Tyler over at HarperCollins last week, she gave me some great books of Harper Teen's  to read.  I was really excited about one in particular: THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass.  

I'd never read it or even heard about it before, but it looked like a fun, girly read - something that I'd devour as I painted my nails and ate chocolates in bed.  Which is pretty much what I did.  And it made me realize two things.


Number 1: I very much like Essie nail polish!  It comes in so many cool colors!



Number 2: I REALLY want a girly YA writer of my own!  It can be so enjoyable to dive into a world filled with teen romance, pretty dresses, catty competition, and so on.  THE SELECTION has a dystopian edge to it, like THE HUNGER GAMES and a Cinderella story all wrapped up in one, and it also has a fresh feel that sets it apart from other teen fiction.


So if you have an awesome girly YA manuscript that you think would be a good fit for me, submit away!  You can check out my submission guidelines by going to the Prospect Agency webpage or to my How to Submit to Me page on this blog.  And let me know if you're querying me because you saw this post, because then you get bonus points!

P.S.  I signed a new client - the one whose query and subsequent writing I had my fingers crossed about a couple weeks ago!!  She is a great young adult narrative non-fiction writer named Erin Peabody and she has an interesting idea for a book about the creation of Yellowstone National Park that I love.


P.P.S.  I have decided that I am so all about girl teen fiction right now that I will be having a query contest in a couple weeks on the wonderful Monica Bustamante Wagner's blog.  Check it out!  You should definitely take part in the contest, but letting me know that you figured out about it by reading this post will still get you bonus points. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new client! Alas, I have no girly books of my own (hmm, that doesn't sound right, does it?) to send you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to enter this tomorrow :) Also, Essie is the best! Turquoise & Caicos, and Playdate are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and congrats! Excited to see your pages.

    ReplyDelete