Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Great Dates

So the update is: It turns out that I LOVE speed dating!  I went to the ECC agent/editor "speed networking" event last week and had such a great time!  Every single editor there was incredibly cool, and it was a lot of fun talking about our common interests.  I left with more business cards than I know what to do with - thankfully the ECC committee gave us a sheet with everyone's contact info and with room next to each person's name to take notes about their acquisition interests, otherwise I doubt I would be able to remember who goes with what name!


This is where the speed networking took place.  It was kind of like musical chairs mixed with some kind of advertising game.

We were up on the second floor of this little bar called The Australian, which was set up with lots of little tables and booths, and every two minutes, the agents had to rotate to another table/booth and "speed date" a new editor.  I left feeling like I had just been at a rock concert: my throat was sore from yelling and I was a little deaf from all the noise!

It was also great because two of my friends and former colleagues from Writers House were there!  I bumped into Alec Shane as we were both signing in and hollered across the room (unsuccessfully) at Brianne Johnson, who I ended up just tackling at the end of the night.  It was really nice to catch up with them and hear how things are back at Writers House.

I had a great weekend with John at the Big E, too!  He won me a stuffed monkey coming out of a banana peel (We named him Jorge) and when we came home, we made our own pickles!  One of John's friends told him how to pickle things, so my mom has four jars of pickled cucumbers and green beans in her fridge for the next month or so.



This is Jorge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment