Thursday, July 5, 2012

I Am so Cool

So I buckled down the other day and got an air conditioner!!  I am extremely excited about it, especially after two years living through New York summers without one.  Yes.  Two years.   I have no idea how I did it.

My picture of heaven.

Installing an AC also prompted me to clean and re-organize my entire room, so now I am in a haven of neatly organized books, clean surfaces, and pleasantly chilly air.  I can sleep under the covers without feeling like I'm slowly suffocating and I even sipped hot coffee last night while I read a manuscript!  My life is awesome.

Andrey moved out at the end of last week to go back home to Bulgaria for the summer before he starts grad school.  He could only take two suitcases worth of stuff, so he ended up getting rid of a lot of his things.  He gave me his really pretty LED monitor, so now I also have big computer screen to hook up to my laptop and play movies!  Fred got his computer chair (grr) and is now also happily installed in Andrey's old room.  He said his goal is to make it look like a Starbucks, and I have to say, so far he's doing a really good job. 

In other news, there should be a deal announcement going up on Publishers Marketplace soon for Jessica Arnold's THE LOOKING GLASS, so keep a lookout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment