Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cross Your Fingers, Toes, and Everything Else!

One of my clients, Brianna, has a proposal for a fabulous non-fiction book, entitled THIEVES WHO CHANGED HISTORY.  The book will consist of the profiles of 15 significant thieves and the crimes they committed that--you guessed it!--changed history.  For instance, Robert Fortune is one profiled criminal who assisted in bringing down China's economy when he stole seeds from tea plants (along with knowledge of how to cultivate them) for the East India Trading Company.   There are also going to be great quizzes and sidebars for each chapter.  

I am very excited because a super big editor at Random House has expressed interest in the project!!  I'm crossing my fingers that she loves it as much as I do!  And holding my breath until she gets back to me...

One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi...


P.S.  I will be at the Backspace Writers Conference this Thursday-Friday!  The conference is at the Radisson Martinique in New York.  I look forward to seeing you there and hearing your pitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment