Who's Got Questions?

Monday, January 30, 2017

Hi guys!  Normally when I put together pub day interviews, I choose questions out of a pool that I keep handy.  Because I want these interviews to be as interesting and informative as they can be, I wanted to reach out to you this week to ask:

What questions would you like to see answered by my authors in their interviews?  What do you want to know about the publishing process or their individual journey?  Are you curious about the path they took to land their deal or would you rather hear more about the nuts and bolts of what comes after a contract?  Do you like genre-specific info?



Post your questions in the comments below, and I'll add the best to my rotating stable!

5 comments:

  1. What was the hardest part of getting your book published that most people don't realize?

    What is the process like after you find an agent to rep your book (shopping to publishers, dealing with contracts, etc.)?

    Can't wait to read this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, as an author I would want to know about their struggles in getting published, but as a reader I want to know how they came up with an idea and where they draw inspiration for character and plot

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of marketing do the authors have to do themselves to promote their book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. New question, I'm from South Dakota and recently our state has made a poor decision and decided to ban Muslims. Since I don't want this to reflect on me should I omit what state I am from in the query letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. This is more of a personal question than a question I can include in author interviews, but I don't think people will necessarily assume you're anti-Muslim based on where you live--at least, I hope not!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs