Nebraska + New Deal!

Monday, October 17, 2016

Hi everyone!  I'm getting myself settled in after a weekend at the Nebraska Writers Guild workshop, which was a lot of fun.  I prepared a talk about what authors should do to market themselves before having a book deal, or even an agent, and I think it went really well!  Also, I am so proud of myself for making this awesome worksheet on Canva for my presentation.




Other than that, now that I've acclimated myself to my new second job at Cambridge, I'm working hard to catch up on all my submissions and requested manuscripts before the holiday season starts.  I'm so lucky to have another new intern to help me with this: the wonderful Caitlan McCollum.  Yay, interns!  Mine are the best! 

Finally, I am soooo excited to announce Dorcas Cheng-Tozun's deal for her nonfiction project, START, LOVE, REPEAT, a relationship book for partners and spouses of entrepreneur that is filled with interviews and advice from entrepreneurs, executive coaches, marriage family therapists, venture capitalists, and startup authorities, as well as anecdotes from Dorcas's own marriage to one of the creators of d.light design.  This is a project we have been working on for awhile and I couldn't be happier that it is making its home at Center Street!!  


2 comments:

 
site design by designer blogs