The Team Keeps Growing!

Monday, April 25, 2016

New week = new clients!  Very excited to be signing Robyn Gigl and Melissa Nesbitt!  They are both authors I offered R&Rs to, and I was so happy with the way their edits went and how well we worked together that I knew they were meant to be on Team Carrie :)


They both have lovely women's fiction voices with completely captivating characters--Melissa's is about a young amah and English expat with secrets that bind them together in 1900's Hong Kong; and Robyn's is about a trans lawyer who slowly find herself reconciling with her ex-wife after she is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's--and I can't wait to send them out!

Speaking of requesting things, #DVpit along with my other reading has me full to the gills, so it will be a little before I'm reading anything new.  If you've submitted to me recently, don't be surprised if it takes me a couple months to get back to you!

If this guy were a literary agent, he'd clearly be stuffed to the gills, too.

Finally, I have to share this...this weekend was probably the most adorable one of my entire life.  I'm very close with our Wonder Woman agency president extraordinaire, Emily Sylvan Kim, and her family.  Her daughter's birthday is coming up soon, and instead of a party with friends, she wanted to celebrate by...wait for it...having tea with me yesterday in the city!!!!  Tell me your heart didn't just melt a little.  

Mine obviously dissolved into complete soup...or rather, tea.


7 comments:

  1. Aww, that's so sweet!

    And welcome, Robyn and Melissa! Both MSs sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, love everything about this post! Tea with Carrie - smart girl - happy birthday to Emily's daughter! Congrats to Robyn and Melissa - both of your stories sound wonderfully complex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Team Carrie! And yay for tea parties! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Both of those books sound fantastic! And tea with Emily's daughter, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture, and what an honor! Welcome aboard to Robyn and Melissa!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs