Three Fun Things

Monday, February 15, 2016

Three fun things to report this week!

1. I am on Twitter and I like it.  For the longest time, I held off on joining Twitter because it seemed ridiculous that anyone would want 140-character updates on my life (which just goes to show that I will never be a successful tech investor) and then once it became clear Twitter was NOT ridiculous, because I didn't want to have to manage another social media account.  

I am really enjoying using it, though, and the #mswl is awesome!  I've already had someone send me something I'm really excited about after using it, so I'm going to try to post something once a week.  

Follow me @literarycarrie to stay up to date!

2. New client!!!  This has been in the works for awhile, but is now official: I am representing Marcus Alexander Hart and his hilarious YA book, ALEXIS VS. THE AFTERLIFE.  We connected during Brenda Drake's Pitch Wars, and I can't wait to send his manuscript out...it's a snarky, fantasy-filled romp that I hope happens to me after I die!

3. I got chocolate candy molds for Valentine's Day, which means there are caramel chocolates in everyone's future!!!*


*(Depending on my innate chocolate-making skills)

Other than that, just scrambling to send a million things out on submission.  For some reason, everything is ready to sent out RIGHT NOW and I'm building a bit of a pile up as I work on lining up editors for each one.  It doesn't help that I've had a very weird ear infection for the past few days...every couple minutes, it feels like a lymph node behind my ear is being very angrily pinched. 

Don't forget: if you have any questions you want me to answer, post them in the comments section with the hashtag #IHAVEAQUESTION!

7 comments:

  1. I heard "which means there are caramel chocolates in everyone's future!!!" in my head the way Oprah would say it! and I love that you're on Twitter! I always resist a new social media outlet but Twitter's ultimately my favorite. It's also good writing practice b/c it forces me to condense my wordy thoughts into 140 characters lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking I might find Twitter vaguely enjoyable, if I can manage hashtags and @ and all that strange stuff--there's something about short and punchy that appeals to me, probably because it's opposite my normal tendency toward verbosity.

    Congrats to Marcus, and I should be sending you something very soon that will hopefully not need too much work!

    That chocolate looks REAAAAAAALLLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twitter - Nooooo! I just can't. But glad you're liking it.
    Congrats to Marcus!
    Caramel chocolates - yum, my fav. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, being sick is the worst! Hope you feel better soon. Twitter is so fun and addictive too. (Also those chocolates look delicious~~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everybody! I'm super excited to be working with Carrie! And as someone who signed up for Twitter exclusively for pitch contests, I'm also excited to not have to use Twitter anymore! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, now I'm desperately craving chocolate and it's only 7:30 am. Those look so delicious! I'm sure you will have mad innate chocolate-making skills. Your Twitter feed is so fun, tempting me to sign up for Twitter, too. Hope your ear feels better soon!

    And congrats Marcus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the fabulous news! Apart from your ear infection, that is. I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs