T Minus 3

Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy almost-Thanksgiving!  This holiday is going to be a weird one for me, because I'm not going home.  My mom has decided that she wants to go Black Friday shopping in the city with me, so she's not doing Thanksgiving for the first time in my memory.  They're going to my cousin's on the day of, instead, but since John is working at the restaurant, I have no idea what we're going to do.


Well, I had no idea what we were going to do.  After obsessing about having a solitary Chinese-food Thanksgiving in the apartment, I went on the Cooking Channel and found a bunch of two-person recipes for roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc. and am going grocery shopping tonight.  I don't know if John is going to fully appreciate a surprise, mini Thanksgiving when he gets home after midnight after being surrounded by turkey all day, but that's what I'm doing!

Admittedly, I'm no Mark Bittman, but he's cooking in a kitchen about my size.

Also, our wedding photographer (who is not John Lennon) promised to have all our pics ready before the holiday, so hoping that mini Thanksgiving at midnight is going to be followed by lots of pictures of me looking beautiful!!!!  

I hope everyone else has a great holiday, and I'll be back next week!  If I remember in time (and if they're not all of me breaking down in tears over the stove), I'll post pictures of my tiny cooking adventure :)

P.S.  It's not official yet, but DEAL #9!!!!!!!!!!!  That news made me feel sooo much better after losing out on a Pitch Wars author I had been working with revisions on previously and that I really wanted to rep.

1 comment:

  1. Black Friday in The City--excitement or insanity--YOU decide! Sounds like an ambitious plan for Thanksgiving--have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs