#IHAVEAQUESTION

Monday, October 5, 2015

Gahhhh, thanks, September, for that parting kick in the teeth! I had jury duty for the first time ever last week (which wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but still was not fun), and am continuing to deal with the horrendous situation in my bathroom.  Apparently having my bathroom be a construction zone for almost a month doesn't qualify me for any special consideration from my landlord or from the fates.


https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1c/7c/0f/1c7c0fcc0cbfd77b822de6f1de89b1f5.jpg

Half of my brain was focused on those not-fun things, and the other half was trying to do all the work I normally do, of which promo was a big part.  I had a lot of authors deals with publicity/marketing for their books, either with their publishers, on their own, or putting things together in the planning stage.  And it made me think of something I want to do for this blog to turn September's slap into October's (and forever's) boon!

I love hosting my query critique contest and also want to have an opportunity for authors to ask me any writing, marketing, or publishing questions they may have.  So from now on, if you want to ask me a question, type it in the comments section of the current week's post with the hashtag #IHAVEAQUESTION (you don't have to the do the purple part, I just did that for fun).  If there are any questions, I will pick one and answer it in the next week's post!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61039213.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I was called for jury duty once. Inconvenience for sure, but fascinating. It was for a civil case and, to my surprise, I was selected to sit on the jury. On the day the trial was supposed to start, we sat around for 2.5 hours, had the judge apologize once, got sent for an early lunch, and then, an hour or so after that, the judge came out to thank us for our service and sent us home--the case had settled. Hope your bathroom situation gets settled soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you approach a publisher about a book? Is this a casual lunch or a bustling happy hour?

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs