I'm Baaack

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Hi everyone!  I am back from my glorious week-long vacation and it was...well...GLORIOUS :)

I got to see family and friends, check out some beautiful wedding venues, go to the beach, and relax!!  I obeyed my no-work rule, which meant I really got some quality time to chill out.  It was nice to switch gears and let the wedding actually occupy some of my brain space.  I went to look at about five different locations with my parents and John, and checking out venues makes wedding planning much more real.  At first, it was insanely stressful, but I'm so happy we did it because I found my venue: the Norwich Inn!  I'm so excited about it :)



​This is a picture I took of the outside!  

Now that I'm back, I'm working on answering the bazillion emails I missed while I was gone and following up on submission stuff.  And I'm VERY excited to announce some things that happened just before I went away:

1. Deal!!!  Shana Figueroa's romantic suspense, RED RAVEN is going to be finding its home at Forever Yours, which made me dance around the office.

2. New client!! I signed a wonderful commercial fiction/women's fiction writer: the wonderful Stephanie Twining, whose manuscript, SUPER NOVA, reminded me of a scrappy Seabiscuit with a female jockey, and whose story stole my heart.

There were three other potential clients that I was hardcore courting before I left, but they both ended up signing with other agents.  Two of them I was totally wild about, so that was a real bummer, but my good news followed by seven days of enjoying myself was the perfect recipe for bouncing back!

All right, back to catching up.  'Til next week!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous venue! I remember those days of searching for venue, caterer, flowers, music....

    Congrats on deals and new clients and being refreshed from a week away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy about the new client, the new deal and the wedding venue! How exciting:)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs