Excitedly Falling Behind

Monday, August 10, 2015

What a week!  I signed a wonderful new client, Charles Maynard, who I met during RWA (although he doesn't write romance) and who is the husband of one of Emily's clients.  I'm excited about working with him and in fact, he already has some interest in his project, which is great.

I also have potential deals on the horizon for three of my clients!!  One is pretty much locked down and I have my fingers crossed for the other two.  When you add to that the fact that I have two other authors revising with editor interest, that is pretty much equals :D :D :D :D!!!!!  I think I'm on a roll?


I'm starting this week on an excellent note, as well: one of my authors, Greg Bruno, is visiting from Abu Dhabi and we are going to meet for drinks tonight, and then tomorrow, my mom is coming into the city to do wedding stuff with me.  

All this does mean that I am getting woefully behind on my reading, so if you're waiting to hear from me, I'm very sorry and thank you for being patient.  Also, for everyone who entered the Love YA contest and got a request from me...I'm only just now starting to read, so I apologize for the wait time!

John and I are going on vacation during the last week of August, and I've promised myself (and him) that it is going to be a totally work-free holiday, so I don't think I'm going to be catching up any time incredibly soon, but you know...I'll get there...

3 comments:

  1. I am way behind, but I've been on vacation this week--enjoy yours! And welcome to Charles, and fingers crossed for potential deals! Keep on rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your potential deals. You are definitely on a roll. I am so glad you are going on vacation. Get some R and R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great news, Carrie! Congratulations and enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs