Good and Bad

Monday, June 29, 2015





Good news first: I had a blast participating in The Writer's Voice contest last week and voted for some amazing manuscripts that I'm excited to look at.  I've ended up signing authors from this contest in the past, so there's a good chance I'll end up finding something I really love.  Because I had so much fun doing this, I'm also going to be doing a diverse YA/NA contest on Monica's blog (who is one of the hosts of the contest) in the very near future, so keep an eye out!  Also was able to take some time to hit up the Pride parade on Sunday, and on the lookout for great LGBTQ fiction or memoir.

Bad news: My dad was back in the hospital briefly after having a very bad fall.  There are some more doctor's visits in his future, but he's back at home now and doing okay.  He sent me a selfie of himself looking all beat up and Crypt Keeper-esque, which definitely freaked me out, though.  He is not having a great year.  I'm heading home for a little while to help out, and taking all my Voice reading with me for the train and downtime. 

16 comments:

  1. oh no! I'm SO sorry, I know what you're all going through. My dad was weak and falling/fainting a lot after his treatments and always in and out of the hospital. it's exhausting and feels never ending. Wishing him the fastest recovery, and I hope you and your mom are holding up! *hugs* p.s. today is Agent's Day apparently (on Twitter at least) so thank you for being the best! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been a year since Writer's Voice! Hope you have a lot of great submissions.

    And I'm sorry again about your dad. I hope he heals up quickly and feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, time flies! Thanks for the good wishes...he says he already feels better, but his face does NOT look like it :/

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your Dad. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and a better second half of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know...Dad's year hasn't been so great so far!

      Delete
  4. Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

    Sending prayers.

    To get through the anxiety you are probably feeling, I recommend deep breathing. Inhale slowly and deeply and let your belly expand. Exhale slowly and let it contract. It does help.

    Blessings, Siri Kirpal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your dad recovers quickly. I know having you there will make it that much better. Big hugs. It sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy at your parents'. The contest sounded like so much fun. I love how middle grade and young adult literature has become more diverse. My latest obsession is young adult graphic novels with a Chinese theme. My inter-loan librarian is probably sick of all my requests!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carrie,
    So sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he gets well soon.
    Take care.
    Shalom,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear your dad had a bad fall - what a rough year. Safe traveling home and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Carrie - hope your Dad is doing better. Rough year he's had. Hopefully karma kicks in soon and he gets some good luck coming his way!
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well he just fell in the pool yesterday, so I don't know what that says about his karma so far! He's okay, though.

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs