Last Week Today

Monday, May 4, 2015

I participated in my first conference in quite some time last week: the Never-ending Online Backspace Conference!  It was a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to doing it again for their women's fiction panel.  Since the conference is never-ending, I'm hoping to be involved in this a lot over the coming months, since I enjoy it so much.

http://www.backspacewritersconference.com/

I sent off my IP projects, too, in addition to three different submissions, so we'll see how all that goes!  I'm sitting on several potential deals at the moment--slightly nerve-wracking--and while I'm waiting, I'm trying to distract myself with reading (I have several manuscripts right now that I'm liking a lot) and other non-agenting things.  Thanks to the wonderful Kara Tatelbaum, I now have an at-home Pilates routine to get me toned up for the wedding, so I've been trying to stick to doing that.  Painting the apartment is a total bust; I sort of thought about it this week and then never did anything about it.  John and I went to the Union Square farmers' market instead, which was AWESOME.


Sooo much delicious food and beautiful plants.  I'd like to grow some basil and parsley out on our fire escape, so I bought a couple pots of those, along with a yummy sourdough loaf, garlic and chive cheese, and pears!  There is a B&N right across the street, which we went into after, and I picked up a copy of the Smitten Kitchen cookbook for my mom for Mother's Day!  When I was at Writers House, I remember the agent I worked for trying to contact the Smitten Kitchen lady about representation.  I'm not sure if she already had an agent or what ended up going down, but there is no denying that she is an amazing cook.  The recipes in the cookbook look amazing and the food photos are gorgeous, so I know my mom will love it!


Reading over this post, I guess a lot of my past week has been about food.  If you're an author out there, with an amazing, descriptive food narrative, NOW would be the time to query me. ;)


P.S.  One more thing: It's party time!  Prospect Agency is hosting its annual Old Stone House Soiree at the Old Stone House in Brooklyn this week.  I love doing this party--it is so much fun!  More soon....
Kevin Sherry's amazing artwork for this year's invite!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, so much awesomeness happening in one week. And Kevin Sherry's invite artwork is so cute, I absolutely love it. My cousin is graduating from college this weekend, so the party is a no-go for me this year. Fingers crossed for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie,
    I enjoyed your honest and forthright to my query at the Backspace seminar and went to Amazon Germany and bought some of the books that your agency represent.
    Sounds like you're decorating or redecorating your apartment. Sending you well wishes that you finish in time and are also toned up for the wedding.
    Ciao,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I am one of the IP submitters. And one of the other submitters. Yay for your week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food is good. I could use some right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That all sounds so exciting!!! I started doing Pilates 2.5 years ago and it's been a life changer! I love that Kara has set up a routine for you. Good luck with all your submissions! I can't wait to hear more about them when they are book deals!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs