Settling Back In

Monday, March 30, 2015

Now that my dad is back at home, I'm settling back into normal life and catching up on reading.  I've been finding some manuscripts with great potential in my slush lately, which is always exciting, and am hoping I'll continue to receive more romance submissions, too.  I've been helping Emily put together a teaser anthology of steamy sections from our romance authors' books for RWA--it's been a lot of fun and I'm crossing my fingers it will be a hit this summer!

While I was away, I also signed a new client, the lovely Katherine Fleet.  I had read her YA manuscript, CRIMSON & CLOVER, awhile back and suggested some edits.  Katherine sent her novel to Entangled--an editor there (Karen Grove) really loved it and wanted to take it on, and Karen's edits were pretty much the same as what I had advised Katherine to do before.  She ended up reaching out to me, and once I came back to the city, we had a great phone call and decided to work together.  The deal won't be officially announced just yet, but I'm very excited to be working with Katherine and to have her book with Entangled!


Besides reading, another part of normal life that I've been catching up on is cleaning!  My apartment is a bit sad-looking since it hasn't been thoroughly scrubbed in the past few weeks.  I don't know why I'm bothering to do this now, though--John's brother, Micheal, and one of his friends are staying with us for their spring break this week, and I have a very awful premonition that the addition of two teenage boys in our cozy studio is going to mean I'll be cleaning for some time after they leave.





P.S.  Micheal really wants to do this thing called Mission Escape while he's here.  I'm pretty sure from their website that it involves being locked up in a room for an  hour and given clues to solve to escape.  Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mission Escape sounds kind of fun--good luck with it! And congratulations on a new client with a sale--welcome, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double excitement, new client and new deal! Congrats to both of you.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs