SNOW DAYS!

Monday, February 2, 2015

I have been a reading machine these past few days, helped along by the fact that I stayed home Monday and Tuesday because of the the blizzard.  There was something so cozy about reading on the couch in my pajamas and watching the snow fall outside my window...it looks like today is going to be the same deal, because it is snowing again!





Even though I am pretty caught up on my reading now, there are plenty of other things I have to tackle.  I hate doing it, but I have to get more aggressive with my follow-ups with editors...there are some I haven't heard from in several months and some whom I really want to make deals with soon.

I had a bit of a meltdown on the phone with my best friend about wanting more time to be a deal-making superagent, and in a lovely, cosmic situation that might actually be the case for me soon!  

I've been talking with Emily and also with John about quitting the restaurant entirely, which would be both scary and cool.  There will be spurts of strategizing here and there to see when the timing will be right, but it is for sure in the cards...I will eventually be a one-job woman!  The restaurant is bit of a security blanket for me; the work is easy and the paycheck is steady and I like everyone there a lot.  But not having all my time to focus on my career has definitely put some things on the back burner for me, like updating our website, which I've been dying to do.  

I wouldn't say no to having a bit more time to spend with John either.  Working every day of the week hasn't left me a lot of time to hang out with him and I know he's getting a little lonely.  Oh yeah, and wedding planning.  Ideally I would also eventually like to do that :)


P.S. Query Critique results next week!

5 comments:

  1. I hear you about reading in the winter. We had a so-called blizzard over night and the kids are off school for the third time in 2015 for bad weather. I'm not sure if I should tell you this, but I read nine books in January. Talk about sitting by the window and not leaving my chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much snow did you end up with? We got about a foot up here.

    As a lazy man, I think working jobs every single day would drive me crazy. (Writing doesn't count as work for me, it's too much fun) You (well, I, anyway) definitely need down time, and maybe the restaurant serves a bit as a break from agenting and vice versa, but you need days for you and your family/friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how much snow we got, since it's kind of hard to determine in the city, but definitely not a foot!

      Delete
  3. Snow days are always fun. I hope everything with the restaurant works out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Started snowing here on Sunday. We got about 18 inches and 2 days off of school. It's beautiful - especially since I only work from home now and don't have to commute into Detroit! Your 2015 is off to a great start, Carrie - lots of exciting things happening.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs