Happy New Year!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy 2015!!!  How crazy is it that another year has gone by?  When I was out to dinner with my parents, my dad kept going on about how when he was a kid all the futuristic, robot movies that he loved took place in 2015.





Now that we are at the start of another year, I am scheduling my annual strategy sessions with my clients!  I copied Emily and started doing this last year, and it was a big hit with all my authors.  I basically schedule times with each of them to clarify what needs to be done, discuss any issues or concerns they might have, and update them, if necessary, on where things left off in 2014 for anyone with outstanding submissions.  I find it energizing to get a plan of attack going for the year and to figure out ahead of time what goals there are to meet!

So that is what I will be doing this week, along with catching up on some reading, and going to a bridal sample sale!  I saw this boutique online and thought it looked beautiful, but I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a war zone when I'm there.  Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. loved the strategy session last year, and I'm excited for our chat today! it must be so fun to start wedding planning. Channel your inner Becky Bloomwood at the sample sale and you'll be fine! (just don't accidentally book two weddings in different countries on the same day. that was a bit of a mess!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to the strategy session as well. And I am excited to hear all about the bridal sample sale! Maybe it's because I'm writing a book about one of Marie Antoinette's maids, but I'm super into talking about dresses lately haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha me too...my protagonist is engaged and I'm ridiculously excited to write the scene where she tries on dresses!

      Delete
    2. Ooh! That sounds fun! My protagonist is engaged too, but weddings weren't really the same in the 1700s unfortunately. Plus I am about to break them up and call of the wedding for a while. Poor characters. Enjoy writing the scene!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the wedding shopping! Hopefully it's not too big of a war zone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed our chat, Carrie. When you go to the sale, make sure to pack a couple of rocks in your bag--that'll clear some space for you!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs