On a Roll

Monday, October 6, 2014

Wow, I am just on a roll with great weeks lately.  I went to a fun speed networking event last Monday hosted by Dealmakers at Housing Works Bookstore Cafe.  I really suggest you check it out if you're in the city - it is a beautiful bookstore and 100% of their profit goes to Housing Works to benefit AIDS research.  I met a lot of great editors there, and even some editors from Berkley, who all told me that they had heard of Rachel Mork's project, KEEP SWEET, that Jackie Cantor is considering (and apparently very enthusiastic about!).





I signed a new author this past week as well, the wonderful Donna Scott, and I am very excited about her Jacobite Scottish historical women's fiction, SHAME THE DEVIL...we all know why! ;)  She is a fantastic author and  I know I am going to love working with her.  I'm hoping to send out her novel very soon, since I've already seen Scottish historical romances popping up on Publishers Marketplace deal listings due to the OUTLANDER craze...speaking of which, my friend over at Random House sent me DRAGONFLY IN AMBER since I finished the first book, and I can't wait to start it!




I've been dying for a reason to post this picture!

I also have an intern!  I've been a bit overwhelmed with my reading list lately and it seems like I'm only going to be getting busier from here on out, so I contacted my old thesis advisor, Professor Barale, to ask if she knew of anyone at Amherst who might be interested in a remote internship, and was thus introduced to Maia!  She is going to be helping me with second opinions on manuscripts and occasionally assistingBrianna with some of her publicity stuff for FAMOUS PHONIES, which is great!

Add getting to meet another one of my authors, Susan Meyers, who was in town visiting, and that pretty much rounds out another amazing seven days in the life of Carrie!

6 comments:

  1. you are kicking major agent butt, Carrie! I'm loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Congratulations on signing a new author and an intern! Fingers crossed for Berkley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome you're having a lot of great weeks! Congratulations on signing and new author (the book sounds so interesting!) and getting an intern :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic space--I want to roam amongst the shelves. And welcome to Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Carrie... I think getting an intern officially makes you a "big shot" agent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could pay her...I have promised her weight in free books though!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs