Agent 2.0

Monday, September 15, 2014

Had such a fun time at the wedding last weekend!  It was wonderful to see Laura and Marco get married and also spend time with friends from home.  John and I even went on a hike the next day with a couple of our other friends and ran into people that I haven't seen since middle school.

In other news...I am  happy to announce the unveiling of Carrie Pestritto, Agent 2.0.  I'm going to be working at the agency more often during the week and cutting back on restaurant work, which will be mostly on the weekends.  For those of you who are not lifelong Literary Carrie readers (shame on you!), I work part-time at a restaurant in addition to agenting and it's actually not that unusual for people in publishing to have side jobs because, let's face it, we make no money.  In fact, one of my favorite editors at Bloomsbury also works at a Sephora in the Upper East Side on the weekends.  

Anyways, I will slowly be taking over working on/being responsible for our website and I'm hoping to incorporate some ideas I've had on how to add different features, such as a log-in contracts database for agents and publicity tools for authors.  It's been in the works for a little while and something I've been wanting to do.


I'm hoping this extra time to devote will mean that I will get to do an even better job for my clients and also continue to learn a lot from Emily, the best mentor ever!  

P.S.  Very excited to get to meet Susan for the first time this week at her reading this Wednesday at 5C Cafe!  If you're in the area you should definitely stop by!

4 comments:

  1. Yay and yay! So glad you had such a fun time at the wedding. I just love weddings! Cannot wait to meet on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I attended a wedding, too, and they can be super crazy (and awesome, of course)!
    I am also looking forward to the future with Prospect Agency. And to think the year is not over yet! Here's too many, many more with a rock-star agent and a rock-star agency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing what magic you weave over at the website. You should start with a gigantor image of my mustache...or, maybe not. Best leave the decisions to you. Glad you had a good time over the weekend. Good luck to Susan on Wednesday! I'll be reading a short story of my own in public tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of good things happening. Can't wait to see how the website goes, all those ideas sound really interesting. I've always found website design fun. Have a great reading, Susan and Jeff!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs