Taking a Break

Monday, August 18, 2014

I have been doing a lot of doubles at the restaurant lately and been finding it hard to knuckle down and focus, so not much reading was done this past week.  I've realized that I can't really push myself to do edits, because if I'm not in the right frame of mind, I just end up doing a bad job with them.  This means I basically wrote myself a free pass to relax.

So far, this has meant a trip to the Museum of Natural History with my parents, a Nicki Minaj dance party with my Assistant General Manager in the restaurant's office, organizing my lovely kitchen, and going to a future laugh fest this Friday with John (we're going to see Louis CK and a bunch of other awesome comedians perform at Nikon Theater at Jones Beach).

As much as I love my job, I also love getting away from it now again.

Because of this, I am telling all my authors who are fed up with writing at the moment to follow my lead and let themselves RELAX this week.  Or at least give yourselves five minutes to enjoy Nicki's "Super Bass."  It can't fail to make you jump up and dance.  And then hopefully jump back into work fully refreshed :)


6 comments:

  1. This makes me feel better, as I did not get as much work done last week as usual. I have a good excuse though - I got a puppy!

    Sounds like a fun comedy event. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your blog post but couldn't figure out how "like" it. I'm so jealous!! There is someone in my neighborhood posting flyers for Schnauzer puppies and I want to get one soooo badly.

      Delete
    2. Don't be too jealous - at least you are still getting full nights of sleep! (At least I hope so.) I can't wait until he starts sleeping through the night. All that said....get a puppy!!! Everyone else (read: Beth Ellyn and I) is getting pets, you know you want to! Haha

      I'll have to investigate the 'like' button on my blog. Thanks for letting me know about that.

      Delete
  2. this applies to me too--my cat passed away last week (she was 21--i grew up with her!) and have been too heartbroken to function--adopted a shelter kitten to keep me busy. Her fav hobby is to sit on my laptop, so when I start writing again my edits will be extensive lol. Yay for Jones Beach!! and Superbass is my jam--I know all the words and people look at me funny when I rap it ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so sorry about your cat. But how cute that you're new one is a writer :)

      Delete
  3. Jones Beach...oh, I would love to go back to Jones Beach. The theater is a nice little venue to see a concert--have a great time!

    And I'll be playing around with a couple of short stories this week, so there's my break!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs