Monday, August 11, 2014

I Was Grumpy, But Now I'm Not!

If you can't tell from the title of this post, I was in a bad mood earlier (sorry about that phone call, Mom).  I recently lost out on two authors whose books I was INSANELY excited about.  I offered representation, but they both ended up choosing someone else...I bet it was Michelle Brower.

I do believe that the agent/author relationship is a relationship, which means you have to fit well together, so if these authors thought that I wasn't quite for them, I understand and am genuinely happy that they found someone who is.  I still couldn't help being bummed out for a couple days.  I get so excited about projects that I feel passionate about that I tend to invest a lot of myself the second I fall in love with something.

Those are the ups and down of life, though, right?

In an effort to cheer myself up, I have made a new page featuring the pictures of all my lovely authors with links to their websites!  I hope you check them all out.  Also, Prospect Agency is going to be writing it's first annual client newsletter, where we highlight everyone's successes of the year in a state of the union.  Gathering all the wonderful news I wanted to share about my clients tipped my scale back towards happiness.  I LOVE the authors I work with - they are the best!

2 comments:

  1. While my own mug is admittedly pulling the average down, I have to say that that is one handsome group of writers you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see everyone gathered in one place! The newsletter is a nice idea--I look forward to receiving it.

    ReplyDelete