Quick Update

Monday, July 7, 2014

Hope everyone had a relaxing Fourth of July!  I spent a couple days visiting my parents and obsessively planning my move three blocks north next week.  Seriously.  I'm relocating to a studio I can walk to in five minutes, and yet this move has taken over my life and pulled all its hair out.

This guy knows what I'm talking about.

I know I'm going to be happy once I'm finally in a place of my own, but getting there is no walk in the park!  Luckily I don't have that much reading on my plate at the moment, otherwise I would be neglecting it shamefully.  I do have quite a few summer submissions out, though--funny how that resolution went out the door!--and I have to admit, I like submitting in the summer rather than waiting around.  I think it is the eternal optimist in me, but I feel hopeful that the long, sludgy waits of summers past are not an indicator of how things might go this time around.  

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you are getting your own place. I hope the move goes well and you will be settled in before you know it.

    I am also optimistic, and have my fingers crossed for summer responses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the move! And the summer subs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. huge congrats on the new place!! the stressful part of the move will be over soon and then you can just relax and enjoy the apartment! and I'm #teamoptimism for #summersubs!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs