I love Jackie Cantor

Monday, July 21, 2014

And Nicole Trilivas probably does, too.

Because Jackie made an offer for GIRLS WHO TRAVEL and Nicole is going to be published by Berkley!!!!!!!!!!  I am beyond thrilled for Nicole and very excited for myself because this is going to be my first Big Six book!


I was at the restaurant when I got Jackie's offer email and screamed so loudly that everyone else in the office looked at me (they were very happy for me once I let them know what had happened).  Once I'm a more seasoned literary agent, I fully expect to stop screaming every time I get a Big Six deal, but right now it can't be helped.

Jackie was enthusiastic about Nicole's book and seems like a fantastically nice person, and I am looking forward to working with her.  I have to admit, I also can't wait to see what kind of a cover GIRLS WHO TRAVEL will get.  That's one of my favorite parts of the being-made-into-an-actual-book process.  I really love this story and envision the characters a certain way in my head, so it will be interesting to see if that is reflected in the cover or in the way publicity is done.  Hmm...I wonder if my imaginings are in line with Nicole's?  She is in the city for awhile and once I am back from San Antonio, maybe we will get together for lunch and doodle the way we think the characters look on napkins to compare.

Who would have thought that one of my summer submission guinea pigs would end up breaking out in such an awesome way.  Guess we're submitting all season long from now on!

Oh yeah and I'm moved in to my lovely new studio...but that really comes in second to this news ;)

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congratulations to you and Nicole! What a wonderful way to break the summer submission curse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is amazing! I love Jackie AND you! I've also been obsessively dreaming up the GWT cover. I have a Pinterest board of visuals: http://www.pinterest.com/ntrilivas/girls-who-travel-a-romantic-comedy-of-errors-wande/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Congrats, Nicole! Congrats, Carrie! May this be the first of many for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Congratulations to you, Nicole, and Jackie! I love the title and the premise, and cannot wait to see the cover, too! So looking forward to reading about it as it all unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great news for you both! Congratulations.... you've hit the big-time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING!! literally squealed reading this--so thrilled for all of you!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs