An Even Better Week!

Monday, March 17, 2014

So John stole my copy of Zainab's memoir for himself, but it doesn't really matter because I had no time to read it this week!  I was talking to my best friend Sarah and telling her that I felt so scatterbrained and not sure why and she responded, "Really, Carrie?  You don't know why?"

She's right, I do know why.  Lots of fantastic things were jammed into this past week...and I may even be forgetting some.  But the highlights were that I signed two new clients, Taylor and Tara, and unofficially signed another (he has a waiting period between leaving his current agency and signing with anyone else), and that I have a new deal to report!


I'm very happy about my new authors because, in addition to be fantastic, they all write in genres that I've been wanting to get into more.  Taylor Zajonc is writing a really gripping action/adventure novel that centers around a salvage diver who kind of reminds me of Brendan Fraiser's character in The Mummy; Tara is a clinical psychologist who Dean introduced to me at Brainwave and who has a great proposal called HOW A HEALTHY EATER THINKS; and my unofficial author was introduced to me via Dan and is a crime/thriller writer.

And I'm VERY happy to announce that Jeff Cole and Johnathon Robson's proposal PARANORMAL PROTOCOLS was picked up by Skyhorse!  You can read about their book in My Deals.  Their ghost hunting group also has a very creepy website that I urge you to check out (in the light of day).  Congrats, Jeff and Johnathon!

In other awesome news, I finished negotiating Sara's contract for UNNATURAL SELECTION and forwarded it on to her to sign, which is always a fun thing to do.  I also talked with the people at Exhibit A about an idea I had for Dan to write a digital-only prequel novella to THE CLEARING that could be used as a giveaway/promotional tool that everyone is very enthused about, so I was very proud of myself for that.

All in all, an amazing agent-y week.  Oh wait, I did forget something!  Dean is going to appear in a video interview for The Huffington Post, where he will talk about MURDEROUS MINDS.  With that, the excerpt in Salon.com, and his upcoming interview with Pia Lindstrom on Sirius XM, I don't think I could ask for better press for him!

Finally, when I went to Brainwave with my friend Shana, she won free tickets to another Brainwave event last Sunday and took me with her.  The talk was called "The Poker Player," and featured a personality psychologist and a professional poker player who is the highest earning female poker player of all time.  

Now tell me: how awesome was my week??

4 comments:

  1. I'd say this is pretty epic!! Huge congrats on the deal, the clients, and Dean's press! Also, that picture of Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch shaking hands makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the most awesome week! I kept getting more excited as I read about each new success! Congratulations, and to Dean and Jeff, Jonathon, Taylor, and Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one hell of a week--and it's only Monday! Huzzahs all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to be working with you, Carrie! And of course, congratulations to Dean, Jeff, Jonathon, & Taylor. We're a lucky crowd.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs