Starting the Year Right

Monday, January 13, 2014

Got back into the swing of this past week and it was very invigorating.  I sent out four submissions to editors (Jane Ann's new historical fiction THE SORROW STONE, Beth Ellyn's revised THE MAKEUP DIARIES, Nicole's New Adult GIRLS WHO TRAVEL, and Brianna's FORGOTTEN FAMILY MEMBERS OF THE FABULOUSLY FAMOUS - go team!) and also did most of my Annual Strategy Session calls, which are going pretty well!  It seems like my authors like them, and I'm thinking of making them an annual tradition.  It's definitely helped me clarify goals for each of my clients and know what to focus on and help them with this year.



I have some goals for myself this year: in the long term, I'm hoping to sell at least five or six books this year, and in the short term, I did my best to read through Dan's follow up to THE CLEARING as quickly as possible.  His delivery date is in February, which is right around the corner!  I started the book a couple days ago (and it is as fantastically gripping as Book #1) and just got my notes to him the other day!  That's one goal off the list.

I also started a "new" job this year.  The restaurant that I was working at closed, so I have moved to one of its sister restaurants.  I still have the same job with the same poeple, just in a new place, but it's pretty cool.  The offices there are much bigger than the ones at Park Avenue.  The restaurant also has a nightclub attached to it, so I get to have fun looking at all the designer coats and bags that drunk people lose over the weekends.  (Seriously, there are like 30 coats down there.  How do you forget your coat IN THE WINTER??)  

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how drunk a person must get to leave behind designer goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd be surprised at the things drunk people can leave behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sure you can make your book deal goal! It's such an exciting year ahead. My fingers are crossed for these submissions!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs