Hey! I'm Walking Here!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

So I am officially a New Yorker!  I had to drag myself to the DMV in Manhattan early in the morning to get my driver's license transferred, but it is done and I now have a nice piece of temporary paper saying that I am a resident of the city and could, I suppose, potentially drive in it...don't see that happening though.

Yeahhh, no thank you.

In other news, Dean's book will be coming out soon!  He is speaking at Brainwave at the Rubin Museum on March 5th, so if you live in the city, you should go.  If not, definitely pre-order the book!


Jessica's book is also coming out in the near future. I'm ashamed to say that because the pub date has changed around so much, I'm not sure of the exact day, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say April.  Jessie, is that right?  There has already been some excitement about the book, and Jessica has some great blurbs from Laura Bickle and Tracy Deebs!


Amidst all this exciting author news, I am also gearing up for battle on behalf of an author.  Not really sure how it's going to go down.  On the worst of days, I don't really think that anyone would use the word "scary" to describe me, but I am working to channel my inner Meryl Streep from The Devil Wears Prada.  We'll see how that goes.

Don't mess with Meryl.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to read these books when they're out! and...not gonna lie--I gave a tiny snort of laughter at the idea of you attempting to be mean, Miranda Priestly style. I just can't imagine it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best time to drive in the city is at 7 AM on a non-holiday, non-big event Saturday. Nothing like staring up one of those big broad avenues with nothing in front of you, waiting for the 'green wave' and seeing how many lights you can make. Welcome, new New Yorker!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs