Monday, August 19, 2013

Luck, Madam, I Already Have

I guess lucky thirteen really is lucky, because now I'm down to lucky twelve!  I'm very thrilled to be able to report that Brianna has had an offer for her CHANGED HISTORY series. 

If you've been following me for awhile, you probably know that Brianna's projects have incited a lot of interest from various editors over the past year.  She's been taken to at least four or five acquisitions meetings but unfortunately has never made it past that step...until now.  I'm still finalizing the details of her offer, so that's it for now, but hurrah for Brianna!

In other news, as my author Meghan knows, I've been on a bit of a Jane Austen kick lately.  I discovered an amazing British miniseries, "Lost in Austen" and have already watched the entire thing (it's only four episodes, so that's not as big of an achievement as it sounds like) and also read Shannon Hale's AUSTENLAND and MIDNIGHT IN AUSTENLAND. 




I highly endorse all of the Austen media I have been indulging in lately as excellent forms of escapism and fantasy fulfillment.  I already recommended "Lost in Austen" to Meghan...well actually more like commanded her to watch it, which apparently she finds hilarious.  Good to know I wear the mantle of agent authority well.  ;)
Me and my mantle.

7 comments:

  1. so exciting!! huge congrats to you and Brianna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Congratulations to you and Brianna! I can't wait to see her book hit the shelves. After all the acquisition meetings, this success must feel especially sweet.

    You do wear the mantle of agent authority well. I think I partly found it amusing becuase I was worried. This was my chain of thought: A command from my agent? Oh no, do I have to confront my worst fear and write another synopsis??! Hooray! It's actually a command to watch an amazing show!

    I found it on YouTube as well, in case any one else wants to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I was just kidding. I think it's pretty obvious to all that I don't really care about my mantle. It's still crumpled up in a corner in my room with ketchup stains all over it from the time I talked about late-night Burger King runs and manuscript revisions all in one breath.

      Delete
    2. I'd say that just adds authority to your mantle haha.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to both of you--great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah! How exciting! Congratulations to the happy couple =D

    I fully support Austen escapism. I think I've watched the original Pride and Prejudice about 87 times--I'm always impressed by how faithful they stayed to the book. Plus, Darcy. Nom.

    I've been on a Sherlock kick lately. All of this has just led me to fully accept that the BBC loves us and wants us to be happy.

    And ah, Shannon Hale. How amazing is PRINCESS ACADEMY? And RAPUNZEL'S REVENGE, for that matter? I freaking love Shannon Hale.

    Again: confetti and cupcakes for Brianna! I can't wait to check out her book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late to the party - just got back from a camping trip. Congrats to you and Brianna!

    ReplyDelete