The Worst and the Best

Monday, July 1, 2013

So this past week I was very lucky to sign two new authors: the wonderful Sara Goodman and Jane Ann McLachlan, whose books I am over the moon about!!

But the excitement of getting two authors that I really wanted was semi-drowned out by the fact that I also made two huge mistakes.


I forgot about a breakfast meeting on Monday with Stephanie Bowen, who is my author Susan Blumberg-Kason's editor, and I completely missed the Manhattanville conference that I was scheduled to speak at on Thursday.

I was able to rectify my mistake with Stephanie by cancelling my other plans and rushing to Le Pain Quotidien, dressed in shorts, flip flops, and lots of sweat, to quickly meet with her before she had to go to her other appointment, and I will hopefully be able to fix my error with the people at Manhattanville by critiquing their writers' manuscripts or doing something else to make up for forgetting to show up.

But I feel awful.

It is not like me to forget such important things and I have no idea why I did.  I spent a good chunk of time this last week crying to people on the phone, and I still feel miserable about it.  I think I would feel a lot better if I could just figure out WHY I messed up so much...

1 comment:

  1. It must be something in the water.

    I had things on my calendar for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Imagine my surprise when I got a call on Friday, saying, "I'm here, where are you?" Oops, was supposed to be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's a terrible feeling, but it happens. Hopefully, these folks will be forgiving.

    And congrats on the new clients!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs