Lots of Editors and Lots of Food!

Monday, May 6, 2013

The Old Stone House Soiree last week was a complete success!  Brianna and I had a great time meeting editors who are currently considering her project and also finding more editors who would like to read it. 



It was interesting getting to meet Brianna and spend almost four days with her.  I talk to my authors on the phone all the time, but getting to meet them in the flesh is always more fun.  Turns out we have a lot in common: we are both short, love Greek mythology, and are into exploring/traveling.  She is also a total foodie, and going to the restaurant with her was a blast.  Everyone there was incredibly nice; the managers sent out all kinds of extra appetizers and sides, so we had more delicious food than our stomachs could handle!

I got to try out dishes that I normally never would have picked (or thought I'd like!).  For instance, we had an appetizer called the Yellowfin Tuna and Avocado Roll, which is raw tuna wrapped around lots of avocado and it was AMAZING.  I have never liked fish and certainly not raw fish, but that was one of the best things we had.



While she was here, we walked around Chinatown and Little Italy, and went to the NYPL, Grand Central and plenty of other places around the city as well.  I got to show her around my neighborhood in Queens, too.

Lots and lots and lots of walking. 


I enjoyed her visit and also had a fantastic time when my other author Gabrielle was in New York for a couple days.  Just so you're aware, this is an open invite to all of my clients: I love it when you come visit me!!

3 comments:

  1. I saw the line up on Prospect's Facebook page--very impressive! So glad you had a wonderful time walking around New York this weekend and dining at the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I'll get to walk around New York with you in November!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs