Keep Calm

Monday, February 11, 2013


I'm looking forward to doing Monica's contest next week!  If you have a great girly teen manuscript, be sure to go her blog and post your entry next Monday.


Reading some good pink, frilly stories sounds like the perfect plan  - lately I've been on pins and needles (once again) about two of my authors' projects.  They both caught the eye of an editor, who pitched their projects at their acquisitions meetings...and now I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Dun dun dunnnnn.

For someone who already is something of a worrier, having a very worry-worthy thing like this on my plate means some serious webmail refreshing and floor pacing has been going on.  In a previous post, I mentioned that one of my favorite times as an agent is the moment right after you submit a project...this is one of my LEAST favorites.

I have to relax a little and let it go - I'm not going to hear from them by raising my stress level.  I'm going to go grab some rainbow chip cookies from the grocery store and watch  Emma, the BBC miniseries...oh yeah, and GO ON VACATION!  There is no room for worrying when you're about to go on break, right?  And besides...maybe they'll email me before I go.  I should refresh my webmail right now and check.
Keep calm and...oh never mind, I'm going to check my email again!

P.S.  I changed my blog design again and I love it!  The only thing is, some of my posts now appear in a light gray text and I have no idea why...

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your well-deserved vacation!!

    Also, I'm totally craving rainbow chip cookies now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually kind of panicked about my vacation...I keep thinking of things I need to get done before I leave, so I'm constantly making lists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a nice time out of the office!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs