Tis Better to Give than to Receive

Friday, December 28, 2012

No kidding!  Gift giving is my crack.  I LOVE shopping and finding the perfect gift for someone, wrapping it in pretty paper, anticipating how excited they are going to be because I am a Gift Master, and then getting to see them unwrap it.  

I told you I tend to get a little overexcited and give my gifts in advance, and then I go out and buy substitute gifts that I also usually ending up giving before the appointed time, creating a present-giving cycle of doom that ends depending how early I purchased the original present.  ::Draws breath::



Well, my mom got three early Christmas gifts this year and my dad got two.  John got nothing ahead of time because I had no idea what to get him besides his actual Christmas present and didn't want to get myself into a brain-wracking situation.

Getting geared up now for New Year's Eve (aka my birthday!) and turning twenty-six years old.  Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a breakdown.  I thought it would happen last year for my 25th, but I was surprisingly okay with that age milestone.  I think 26 is going to hit hard because that is going to be when I change from my early- to mid-twenties to my mid- to late-twenties.  And I think we all know how much older that sounds.


What's up, sister.

P.S.  Insanely awesome news: There is film interest in both Dean's and Dan's books, MURDEROUS MINDS and THE CLEARING, respectively.  I am so excited to see how this plays out!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the joy of sliding into a new demographic. I remember a friend of mine who got very depressed when he approached 'the quarter pole.' For some reason, most age milestones haven't bothered me too much. Maybe it's because I never actually feel any different. I'm on the short downslope to **cough-cough** and, in many ways, I don't feel much different from when I was a whippersnapper like you. Happy birthday! And New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thank you! I'll let you know how 26 feels when I get there (which is in about 20 minutes!).

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs