LEARNED MY LESSON

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So I figured out how people get free time to read…their laptops (which they haven’t backed up for a year) crash.



Yeahhhh.  Thankfully several of my friends are computer programmers/software developers and they extracted my hard drive and did lots of nice, magical things to my new Tobisha ultrabook so that all of my documents are on it and everything is ready for me to use.

While they were arguing about performance options and other mind-numbingly un-understandable things, I had time to read THE DRESSMAKER OF KHAIR KHANA by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, which I really enjoyed!  It is a non-fiction account of a young dressmaker who begins an entrepreneurial business in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

Suchhhh a good book!

For a while, though, I wasn’t really able to enjoy the book because I was scared to death that I was going to lose all of my clients’ work, submission lists, and so on.  About two weeks before, two of my clients had their computers crash on them, which was probably my friendly warning from the gods, which I blatantly ignored.

But I have learned my lesson.  I MUST BACK UP MY FILES.  MUST.

2 comments:

  1. Consider Carbonite to backup your files, especially the folder which has your client's work, submission, etc. One of my hard drives crashed last year and it still makes me cringe to think about it. I learned my lesson....Carbonite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds interesting, I will definitely look into it! I've also started using Google Cloud, which is great because there is no effort on my part!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs